· 3 or 4 ruby sweet potatoes (about 2-3 lbs)
· 2 hatch chiles, roasted, peeled, seeds removed
· 1 brown onion large, diced
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 1-2 Thai chiles, minced (or 1⁄2 Habanero, minced, or 1⁄8 teaspoon Cayenne pepper or other hot chili pepper)
· 1⁄2 teaspoon Mrs Dash Table Blend
· 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
· 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
· 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
· 1 tablespoon dried thyme
· 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
· 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
· 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice, ground
· 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
· 1 teaspoon Ancho chili powder
· 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, ground
· 1 teaspoon cilantro, dried
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil
Peel and cube the sweet potatoes. Put them in the steamer and steam until soft and cooked through. This should take about 20 minutes.
While the potatoes are steaming, heat the olive oil over medium heat in the flat bottomed pan. Add the onions, green peppers and garlic. Saute until onions are soft and slightly browned.
Add all of the other ingredients except the Macadamia Nut Oil to the pan. Stir and cook until the spices are very aromatic.
Add the cooked sweet potatoes to the pan. Mash with a fork or a potato masher, mixing the vegetables and spices into the potatoes. If they are too dry, you can add a little water and/or more olive oil.)
When everything is well blended, and just before serving, stir in the Macadamia Nut Oil.