1 1/2 cups
· 8 oz blueberries, fresh
· 1 cup orange juice, fresh squeezed
· 1 tablespoon Coconut Secret Coconut Nectar
· 1 tablespoon maple syrup, organic
· 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
· 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
· 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, ground
· 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1 tablespoon Earth Balance Buttery Spread
Add everything except the butter to a small sauce pan over medium heat.
Bring mixture to a boil, stirring often.
Reduce heat to simmer and cook mixture for 15 minutes.
Add butter to pan.
Continue cooking mixture, stirring often, until liquid is reduced by half and sauce is desired consistency.
This sauce isn’t super sweet. It has a bit of tartness to it which makes it a nice accompaniment for sweeter desserts.
Sauce can be served warm or cold.