· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 onion, peeled and chopped
· 2 carrots, grated
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
· 1⁄2 teaspoon Mrs Dash Table Blend
· 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
· 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
· 1 teaspoon cilantro, dried
· 1⁄2 teaspoon Ancho chili powder (or 2 teaspoons of the sauce from a can of Chipotle Chilies in Adobo Sauce)
· 1 tablespoon chili powder
· 1 tablespoon cumin
· 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
· 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
· 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
· 2 cups lentils, cooked, drained (or 1 can)
· 2 cups kidney beans, cooked, drained and chopped (or 1 can)
· 2 cups tomatoes, cooked, diced (or 1 can)
Heat the oil in a lrage frying pan, and add the onions and carrots. Saute until the onions are transparent.
Add the garlic and all of the spices. Continue cooking for one minute to toast the spices a bit and rehydrate them with any remaining oil.
Add kidney beans to the pan and simmer until everything is heated through.
Turn up the heat a bit until it’s just below boiling. Cook the mixture, stirring a lot with the pancake turner, until it is dry when you scrape across the bottom of the pan.