· 1⁄2 cup almonds, raw
· 1⁄2 cup walnuts
· 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
· 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
· 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander, ground
· 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
· 3⁄4 teaspoon Mexican oregano
· 1⁄2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Table Blend
· 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
· 2 teaspoons cumin, ground
· 1-1⁄2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
· 1-1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
· 1 pinch extra hot chili powder, ground (or red pepper flakes)
· 1-1⁄2 tablespoons cilantro, dried
· 1⁄2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
· lime juice
· 3 tablespoons olive oil
Put the nuts and the salt in a bowl. Cover with water and soak for 4-6 hours.
After soaking, drain the water from the nuts in a strainer.
Add nuts and spices to the food processor. Pulse a few times until the mixture has the texture of ground meat.
Place the mixture in a bowl. Add the lime juice and olive oil. Stir well, coating everything with the oil.
Taste the mixture and adjust the seasonings. You may want more salt, for example. It should smell good, with the cumin being fairly dominant. When you’re happy with it, you can put it in a container in the refrigerator until you’re ready to eat it.