Along with the waffles, which I posted the recipe for yesterday, we had an Orange-Blueberry Sauce which I made the night before.
This is a great sauce to serve on waffles and pancakes. It also works well on top of raw cheesecake and ice cream!
It’s not difficult to make, you just have to be patient enough to allow the liquid to reduce and thicken.
- Name: Orange-Blueberry Sauce
- Recipe Type: VG, GF
- Cuisine: Breakfast, Dessert, Sauce
- Author: ScrapDeli.com
- Prep time: 5 mins
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Total time: 25 mins
- Serves: 1-1⁄2 cups
- 8 oz fresh blueberries
- 1 cup orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Secret Coconut Nectar
- 1 tablespoon real, organic maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dried, grated orange peel
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance Buttery Spread
- Add everything except the butter to a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook mixture for 15 minutes.
- Add butter to pan.
- Continue cooking mixture, stirring often, until liquid is reduced by half and sauce is desired consistency.
This sauce isn’t super sweet. It has a bit of tartness to it which makes it a nice accompaniment for sweeter desserts.
Sauce can be served warm or cold.
This is yummy stuff! I had some left over, so I’ll probably make ice cream in the near future!