This year is our first totally vegan Thanksgiving dinner!
We actually made our dinner on Tuesday, so that we could share it with MIL. Here’s what we had.
From left to right:
- Carrots cooked in a sauce of orange juice, vegan butter and parsley
- Pickled green beans (served hot)
- Foxbarrel Blackberry Pear Cider (to drink)
- Mushrooms and onions sauteed in olive oil, with white wine, rosemary, thyme, poultry seasoning and basalmic vinegar, then stir fried with temph
- Roasted potatoes, onions and yams with vegan sour creme and chives
- Kale, rainbow chard, spinach salad (with other veggies) and a home made vinaigrette
For dessert, DH made apple cranberry pie with a pecan crunch top, which was served with sweet cashew creme.
Our Bountiful Baskets this week had carrots, oranges, green beans, onions, yams, potatoes, tomatoes, raw cranberries and granny smith apples, so that’s what help decide on the menu!
It was delicious! DH liked the mushroom/tempeh mix the best, he said. MIL liked all of it, and so did I. I think MIL was surprised that we could come up with such a yummy Thanksgiving meal without resorting to the traditional S.A.D. holiday stand-by dishes.
We have a lot to be thankful for this year:
- Much better health
- DH’s employment
- This blog
- Living in a new city
- MIL’s company
When you gather around the table today, no matter what you are are eating, remember to give thanks for everything good in your life!